POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Quicktime Problem when using the Ray Tracing CD : Re: Quicktime Problem when using the Ray Tracing CD Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:51:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quicktime Problem when using the Ray Tracing CD
From: Glenn Travis
Date: 25 Jul 1999 23:35:21
Message: <379bd779@news.povray.org>
Hi all, trav here.

yes, Eduard most kindly took the time to answer me.

Regarding the CD (that was included in Eduard's book that I bought way back
in ought and 94 or maybe ought and 95), when you open the CD, you should see
a treasure chest icon titled:

 Ray Tracing CD Intro

and over and below it,  another large question mark shaped icon titled:

POV-Ray Reference

both of which are Kind =  Application Program.  Evidently Hypercard stand
alones or something like that.  I had hoped against hope that I would not
have to try the install the QT that was on the disk and do an extension swap
out, but hopefully, that will be easier using the Extension Manager. I am
sure that it will not work out to be so easy, but who knows ;-).

Regardless, thank all of you for taking the time to share your insights and
offer your help to me.  If you are interested, I'll let you know if I get it
to working again and what it took (possible FAQ material ?); the books makes
several references to the Reference application in the opening chapters,
which was the driving force behind me asking the question.

I just wish that Eduard was still getting royalties on his fine book; who
knows, maybe it could have lead to a second edition.

trav